Pra.in.ua project is the largest database of the Ukrainian residents born between 1650 and 1920.
Since 2023 the project belongs to genealogical society RIDNI. We have significantly changed the development strategy of the project. Now it is an open resource, integrated with archival sources.
The site is interactive. Users can add their own information to the database or edit existing records. There is an opportunity to build your own genealogic tree. The program ‘pra analytics’ developed by our programmers will match updating of the project database with your genealogic tree every day, and in case of finding potential links to relatives you will be informed about it.
At present time, when forming the database from other sources the following sources can be distinguished::
- Metrical books and Contemporary paintings, both Orthodox and Catholic, as well as those performed by Czech and German colonists
- Lists of electors to Sejm in the Western-Ukrainian regions (three communes have been processed, it is planned to process the rest).
- Jury lists of inhabitants of Podillia and Volyn in 1793
- Jury lists of 1654 (works are in progress)
- Lists of soldiers of the Austro-Hungarian Army from Galicia (partially processed; works are in progress)
- Lists of soldiers of the Russian Army lost in the First World
- List of soldiers of the Red Army, edited in 1926
- Lists of the Ukrainian soldiers of the Soviet-Finnish War
- Diocesan records of Volyn and Podilsk provinces as well as Historical and statistical description of churches and parishes of Volyn diocese.
- Newspapers of Province Governor (Volyn, Lviv, Ternopil, Stanislavskyi) in 1920-1930 years
- Prisoners of forced labor camps (Talergof, Soviet prisoners, Bereza Kartuzka etc.)
- Lists of repressed people (partially processed, works are in progress)
- Address books of the cities in the end XIX - early XX century (partly worked out, works are in progress)
- Addressed and Memorable books of the provinces covering the territory of modern Ukraine (partly worked out, works are ongoing)
- Another Data have been supplemented by users and volunteers of the site..
- Census of population of the Kyiv province in 1897.
- Румянцевський опис Малоросії (у планах розпочати найближчим часом).